The Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference (JLC) is a fun-filled event that provides junior high 4-H members (7th & 8th grades) a look into opportunities in Illinois 4-H and helps start their leadership journey. Members gain skills related to 4-H projects and leadership, such as communication, decision making, and teamwork while engaging in activities.
Illinois 4-H Virtual Junior Leadership Conference | November 7
- 9:00-9:30 am Opening Session
- 10:00-11:00 am Small Group Session
- 1:00-2:00 pm Workshop Session #1
- 2:30-3:30 pm Workshop Session #2
- 4:00-4:45 pm Small Group Session
- 5:00-5:30 pm Closing Session
- 7:00-8:00 pm Game Night (optional)
$15 (includes t-shirt mailed to participant)
Space for the conference is limited to only 250 youth. Register early to ensure a place.
Check Out these fun Workshops
- Bouncin' Back: Resilient Me: Have you ever received a bad test grade? Maybe you did not get the 4-H Officer position you ran for or you just had a bad day. We all face hardship or adversity in our daily lives, but do not let it be something that stops you! Join us as we learn how to build our resilience through a series of games and challenges!
- From Leading to Succeeding: Has the idea to become a successful leader ever crossed your mind? If so, this is the workshop for you! You will learn how to be a better leader in your county and hear about various 4-H opportunities at the state and national levels.
- Teaming Together to Lead the Fun: Are you ready to take action? Join us and begin to learn some creative ways to gain communication and leadership skills through our fun virtual team building games! With both small groups and the entire team, collaborate together to solve problems and create stories that enhance your teamwork skills.
Speak Out: Learn to listen, effectively share thoughts, and speak out! In this workshop, we will also talk about confidence, how to send positive body language and provide constructive feedback. Improve your communication skills through games and activities with us!
Inspire Others to Serve: A fun and interactive way to learn how to plan and run your own community service project in your community! We will begin giving you ideas, tips, and tricks to help you be successful in leading a project, then we will create and run mock projects. You’ll leave knowing how to involve yourself in your community, and the ability to implement your own community service project.
Mind Matters: Do you feel stressed out all the time? Maybe you can't help but procrastinate? Then this is the workshop for you! In this workshop, we will be going through time management skills and techniques to help you manage stress. So don't stress, you got the time to join this workshop!
Cancellations & Refunds: All cancellations and refund requests must be received in writing by the State 4-H Office by 5 p.m. on the date specified below in order to receive any portion of a refund. Requests can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations on or before October 24, 2020 will receive a full refund.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations after October 24, 2020.
What to Wear
Attire for this conference is the same that would be acceptable to wear at school. A 4-H shirt would be a great option!