Hatching chicks is a great way to learn about life! Watch as we go through each phase of incubating eggs. On Day 21, we'll watch as the baby chicks crack through their shells and take their first steps.
- Lesson 1: Incubator setup
- Lesson 2: Final incubator prep
- Lesson 3: All about eggs
- Lesson 4: Egg candling
- Lesson 5: Chick development
- Lesson 6: Day 18 incubator management
- Lesson 7: Brooder setup
- Lesson 8: Moving baby chicks to brooder
- Lesson 9: The journey is complete
Check out the additional resources below and turn this project into a learning adventure for youth of all ages. Consider enrolling in the poultry project to learn even more!
Content created by Johnna Jennings, Extension Educator, Boone, DeKalb & Ogle counties, and Dan Jennings, Extension Educator, Animal Systems.